Monday, June 18, 2012

Surprise Visitor

Just as I was about to post something, this guy from the New Jersey Environmental Federation (NJEF), part of Clean Water Action, knocked on my door. So I thought I'd post about that instead of what I was going to do. He was just asking for us to sign letters to some NJ politicians asking them to support the Safe Playing Fields Act which would protect kids from toxic chemicals sprayed on playing fields. If you have some time to kill, you can send letters too using the instructions on this website http://www.cleanwateraction.org/action/playing-safe-fields. But honestly, I probably wouldn't take the time to do that if the guy hadn't come to my door, so if you send them, go you! And if you want, you can check out the NJEF website to learn more about environmental stuff going on in NJ. http://www.cleanwateraction.org/njef

The guy also told me about a music and environmental festival that happened this past weekend on the Hudson River called the Clearwater Festival. Martin Sexton and Josh Ritter were playing, so that would have been fun to go to. Too bad I didn't know. I'll try to find and post information for next year if anyone is a tree hugger like me and wants to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment