- Bring reusable bags when shopping.
- Buy products in bulk and choose products with the least amount of packaging (a good way to do this is to buy less processed, packaged foods and buy more whole foods).
- Buy LED or CFL light bulbs. They last longer than incandescent bulbs, so you will throw less away.
- Print double-sided to use less paper, and buy refillable ink cartridges.
- Bring a reusable thermos to cafes and coffee shops.
- Use reusable water bottles instead of buying cases of plastic ones.
Click here to find out even more ways you can reduce, reuse, and recycle. And if you aren't familiar with Jack Johnson's music, check it out! He's my favorite not only because I love his music, but because he is an environmentalist. Besides his foundation and his volunteer work, he donates all of the proceeds from his tours to charity. I went to his show in NYC for his "From Here To Now To You" tour and it was AMAZING! I bought a tee shirt, and this is what was written on the inside...Your Jack Johnson tour garment was designed in Hawaii & made in California using 100% organic cotton & water based inks. Jack Johnson's From Here To Now To You Tour continues to pave the way in green practices and community engagement. 100% of the profits from this garment and the entire tour will be donated to charity."
Enjoy this video of Jack's new song "Ones and Zeros," which deals with environmental topics!